Basic info: I’m an amateur blogger
I’ve had a couple of enquiries as to the status of my blog regarding where do I get my products from, are any of the links I provide affiliates… that sort of thing. So I thought I’d better clarify things. If it’s not apparent from the very bare bones look and feel of this blog, this is strictly a fun endeavour for me and I have no agenda or mission statement except to get some info out there, in English, about Korean brands and make-up. Ofcourse I do cover non-Korean products too but seeing as I live in Korea I started blogging mainly to get the frontline word out about the stuff I see as a consumer in the stores.
- All the products featured in my blog are chosen, bought and paid for by myself (with a little help from Mr Visa, Mastercard and Amex along the way). I don’t get sent free stuff… the only freebies I might mention are personal gifts from friends such as birthday gift, or free samples and gifts I get as a customer. I’m not engaged with any PR people from Korean brands whatsoever. I’m just a customer and consumer.
- I do write for and operate as a Beauty Editor for Because Magazine. However I don’t receive any free samples or product from them so all the stuff you’ll see there under my name (Bora) is written from stuff I’ve paid for or tried personally.
- I get no income from the blog at the moment, and it’s likely to remain that way for the forseeable future. No adverts, no click-through advertising, paid for links or affiliates. I’m not against clear adverts on blogs at all, I’d just prefer to keep mine simple and free from that so I can write about what I like.
- Any links I provide to outside sites are just because I want to be helpful 🙂 Really. I don’t get any money or kickbacks from link click-throughs.
I have worked in the beauty industry in the past for many years. My experiences could fill several posts, but for the moment I’ll summarise and say that I’ve been
- a freelance make-up artist (fashion, advertising and music videos),
- brand make-up artist on counter and sales assistant (Bobbi Brown, and Estee Lauder companies incl. MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Prescriptives, Stila)
- beauty writer (and complete “Ugly Betty”/Devil Wears Prada fashion butt monkey) at a trendy highbrow fashion magazine
- consultant to beauty brands
My fulltime current day job has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with beauty so this blog is an outlet for my passion and obsession. My musings at Because Magazine are the most “pro” I get with beauty these days. I may jump back into the world of beauty in a professional capacity in the future but I’ll let you know if that happens.
Anything else? Send me an e-mail or drop me a comment below.